July 12, United Kingdom
The shortlisted riders in alphabetical order are:
- Alice Beet from Surrey riding Adara Sauveterre
- Beccy Broughton-Booker from Nottinghamshire riding Tawmarsh Muharram
- Emma Finnie from Abu Dhabi riding Sha Ali
- Tricia Hirst from Mid Wales riding Madjin des Pins
- Rachel Ingvaldson from Somerset riding Nazeeka
- Nikki Malcolm from Somerset riding Khartoum With A K or L R Bold Greyson
- Annette Masterson from Staffordshire riding El Sabio
- Catriona Moon from Somerset riding Leila
- Lesley-Ann Parker from Cambridgeshire riding Velvet Echo
- Christine Yeoman from Somerset riding LM Crazy Girl or L R Bold Greyson
- David Yeoman from Somerset riding Haszar
The shortlisted combinations have been asked to attend a final performance trial at Wolverhampton racecourse on the 21st July when the final team of six plus reserves will be selected.
Chairman of selectors, Di Latham said, on behalf of the selectors and management team, “we are happy to confirm that the Championship Trial held at Kings Forest this weekend was a great success, with horses stepping up to the challenge. We are delighted with the progress that has been made this year and we are on target for the ultimate goal”.