October 18, 2012, Doha ~ HE Sheikh Mohamed bin Faleh al-Thani, Chairman of the Qatar Racing & Equestrian Club (QREC) is heading the delegation to the 5th Salon du Cheval in El Jadida, Morocco. An annual event, the 2012 edition of the Salon du Cheval will take place from 17 to 21 October 2012. Held under the patronage of HM King Mohammed VI of Morocco, the QREC delegation includes Tariq al-Siddiqi, Head of Racing Section, Saad Mubarak al-Hajri, Head of Media Section, Mohammed Salem al-Abdulla Head of Public Relations, and Abdulrahman Mohammed al-Naama, Head of Riding and Training Section. This is the third year of participation and support by QREC, having joined in the 2nd and the 3rd editions of the Salon in 2009 and 2010.
- 7 exhibition sections representing the equine and equestrian industry
- International CSI 3 * W Jumping Competition accounting for the World Championship qualifying group 7 (North Africa-Middle East) held under the auspices of the International Equestrian Federation (FEI)
- International Arabian Horse Show
- International Barb Competition
- 3 equestrian nights
- Horse Auction
- Seminars and discussions on the equestrian sport and thoughts on improvement
The Salon du Cheval includes a number of pavilions and stands for a large number of horse and equestrian organisations. The REC’s participation and stand, at the invitation of the equestrian officials and professionals in Morocco and the organizers of the Salon is fully inline with REC’s efforts to further enhance the stature of Qatar’s equestrian nationally, regionally and internationally and promote the bright image of the State of Qatar and its unique genuine heritage.