October 8, 2012, Saint -Cloud ~ The Purebred Arabian Sale by Arqana at Saint-Cloud on Thursday, October 4 brought the top price of €190,000 for DAMIS.
As it does every year, the purebred Arabian sale was held on the eve of the Qatar Prix de l’Arc de
Triomphe weekend, the stage for France’s most prestigious races, both for thoroughbreds and for
purebred Arabians. The 2012 edition was noted for its favourable market indicators, most notably
a total turnover of €1,783,000 (including private sales), a median price of €17,000 and 59.15%
of horses sold. Nicolas de Watrigant (Mandore International Agency), acting on behalf of Sheikh
Joaan Bin Hamad Al Thani was leading buyer, having signed for five horses for a total of €378,000, closely followed by C.J. Mol.
The bidding went up to €190,000 for lot 3, DAMIS, a son of Amer trained by Alban de Mieulle
for Umm Qarn and bought by Sheikh Mohamed Bin Faleh Al T hani.
The top 5 lots were:
1. Damis (Amer x Kachia) sold price 190 000 €
2. Mister Ginoux (Amer x Nacree Al Maury) sold price 160 000 €
3. Al Jac D’Aroco (Munjiz x Asbaa D’Aroco) sold price 120 000 €
4. Daharii (Dahess x Nefertarii) sold price 85 000 €
5. Bzeubzeu Al Maury (Akbar x Zhou Al Maury) sold price 70 000 €
Full results are available on www.arqana.com